Thursday, 17 November 2011
Thursday, 13 October 2011
Thursday, 29 September 2011
"Every time you breathe life in or expel it is a release or a contraction." that what Martha Graham wrote, A contraction start from the hip and it's like some pulling everything in to up back. Martha Graham uses this lot in her dances.
- Explore the different levels of the contraction(sitting,standing)
- Connect it to personal experiences.
- Focus on lengthening the spine
- The space around the body
- Use the contraction as an impulse for shaping a movement.
what physically happens in a contraction
starting on the base of the spine and the pubic bone, the muscle contraction help with breathing pull the center of the body upwards also
a contraction is a dynamic action
Martha Graham said "which makes rippling circles when it hits."